Chadar Trek is a most demanding winter trek which is in the Ladakh region of India. It is also known as the Frozen river trek, It involves walking on the frozen Zanskar River.
During Winters entire area is covered with snow and it gets so cold that the temperature drops down between -30 to -35 degrees this led to the formation of chadar over the Zanskar river.
Chadar trek in Ladakh was a trade route in the early '90s. In winter, people from the village used to come to Ladakh by walking over the frozen river as It saves their time and is an easy way to connect to Ladakh
* Altitude: 11125 ft.
* Difficulty Level : Difficult
* Best Time : January to February
* Distance : 55-60 Km approx.
* Temp : 0 to -30 Degrees.
* Book your slot with travel organizers registered under ALTOA.
* Get acclimatized and then you have to undergo a medical test.
* Once you clear medical then after fee payment and insurance you are ready for Chadar Trek.
*Ladakh to Shingra Koma takes 04 hours covering a distance of around 70 km.
* Day 01: Shingra Koma to Tsomo Paldar
* Day 02: Tsomo Paldar to Tibb Cave.
* Day 03: Tibb Cave to the final point The Grand Icefall of Ladakh.
Chadar Trek is one of the most beautiful treks in winter covering a distance of 60 Km on the final day you reach the final point which is The Grand Icefall Of Ladakh.
Due to its High Demand and extremely challenging treks, it costs around 18-24000 INR per person, It includes Registration, Insurance fees, and Transportation.
As the Ladakh government takes care of all safety measures various checkpoints and rescuers were appointed during this period for this per person has to buy Insurance which covers all.
In the past Indian Airforce and Indian Army have taken various rescue operations.
Read complete blog on our website and for more do not forget to watch our complete playlist on our channel Joshi Milestoner.