Introducing Digi Yatra Make your journey smarter, scan, skip and fly in domestic network across India started in six airports Delhi, Bengaluru, Kolkata, Varanasi, Pune, Vijayawada and Varanasi latest now Hyderabad is also added total is seven.
The Ministry of Civil Aviation is introducing Digi Yatra a digital platform to enhance the air travel experience for passengers.
The initiative, coordinated by the Ministry in alignment with Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Digital India vision, will utilize facial recognition technology to automate check-in processes such as entry, security, and boarding, as well as self-bag drop and check-in.
It will enable paperless travel and eliminate the need for repeated identification checks.
People who have tried this claim that the process is quick, simple, and has less headache.
Table of Contents
Introducing Digi Yatra a Fly with ease to make flying better
For whom is Digi Yatra?
Introducing Digi Yatra is a digital platform aimed at enhancing the air travel experience for all passengers using any airport in India, including Indian citizens with or without a Digi Yatra ID and foreign nationals.
The platform simplifies and streamlines the process for a variety of passenger types, including:
- Any air passenger in India
- Families and groups
How to enroll in Digi Yatra?
Steps to Enroll in Digi Yatra:
- Go to the DigiYatra enrollment website and provide the following information: a. Name b. Email ID c. Mobile Number d. Details of Identity (Voter Id, Driving License, Aadhar, etc.)
- Click submit to create your DigiYatra ID.
- When booking a flight, provide your DigiYatra ID to the airline.
- On your first flight, go to the registration kiosk at the airport to validate your ID.
- If you have an Aadhaar, verification happens online. If not, CISF will manually verify.
- After successful verification, your photo will be in your DigiYatra profile in the central system.
What is the process at the Airport?
Steps for Airports Process:
- At the airport entry point, go to the E-Gate and scan your boarding pass or e-ticket (print or on your mobile device).
- The system will validate your passenger details and flight information by scanning the barcode or QR code.
- Your DigiYatra ID will be verified using facial recognition technology.
- If the verification is successful with your ticket and DigiYatra ID – the E-Gate will open.
- A single token combining your face and ticket PNR will be ready for the rest of your journey at the airport.
- You can then enter the security area and board the aircraft using the E-Gate’s facial recognition system.
How will it benefit you as a passenger?
- Passengers will not need to show their boarding pass or ID multiple times.
- Less human interaction is required, resulting in shorter wait times.
- The system will enhance security by matching the passenger with their PNR, ensuring that only legitimate passengers can pass through checkpoints.
- The airport operator will have real-time information on passenger load and can better plan resources.
- Airlines will know the passenger’s location in the airport.
- The overall efficiency of the airport will improve.
Digi Yatra for the elderly and people with special needs
DY-BBS – Digi Yatra Biometric Boarding System
- An exception handling gate will be available for passengers with special needs, where they will get assistance with all airport processes from entry to boarding.
- The DY-BBS will comply with government guidelines and include digital accessibility features such as digital guidance systems, interactive kiosks, and augmented reality apps.
- DY-BBS ecosystem partners will ensure digital accessibility is available in the web portal, mobile apps, and kiosks.
- Kiosks will have a text-to-speech output for blind passengers.
- Kiosks will enable passengers with disabilities and senior citizens to register themselves easily.
- Regional language kiosks will be available for easy access with assistive technology.
- The system will send an alert to airlines/wheelchair assisting agencies once a passenger with a disability check in and requests assistance.
- There will be a dedicated lane at the E-Boarding gate for passengers with disabilities and senior citizens.
- Processes like ticket booking, web check-in, seat selections, self-check-in, registration, Digi Yatra loyalty program enrolment, ticket cancellation, rescheduling, airport exit, transfer, and access to the transfer kiosk will be digitally accessible.
- Voice guidance for capturing biometric information in the system.
- Kiosks will be easily accessible by wheelchair passengers.
- Information, baggage tags, and passenger boarding details will be available on a digitally accessible mobile app.
- Internal airport map navigation will be available within the mobile app with voice guidance.
- Digitally accessible training videos will be provided online for passengers with disabilities.
- Passengers with disabilities who cannot verify through BBS will be alerted for exception verification by CISF by Kiosk.
- Self-Bag Drop/Hybrid Bag Drop system will be digitally accessible. If they cannot access these, they would comply with the manual process with AAI/airline personnel assistance.
- For more information – Access the India Govt. Website
Do not forget to read our other articles on Digi yatra.
Introducing Digi Yatra a digital platform for seamless travel as Ministry of civil aviation has launched Digi Yatra facilities at7 airports namely Delhi, Bangalore, Varanasi, Pune, Kolkata, Vijayawada and Hyderabad.
You can avail and experience a hassle free travel in order to avail facility you can Download Digi Yatra app and register on it.
Frequently asked Questions
Digi Yatra is launched in how many airports?
Till now Digi Yatra is launched in 07 airports named Delhi, Pune, Varanasi, Vijayawada, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Bangalore.
How we can enroll for Digi Yatra?
Visit https://www.india.gov.in/spotlight/digi-yatra-new-digital-experience-air-travellers for more information.
Can we enroll for Digi Yatra through app?
Yes you can to download the app click here.
Joshi Milestoner is a website working continuously to deliver the best on travel, adventure and airports & aviation. Do not forget to read our blogs and for any queries you can write to us our team will be happy to help you.
Get notified of our blog post via email by subscribing to our website with the link provided below and do consider subscribing our YouTube channel too.
Affiliate Disclosure /Disclaimer: Blog Post on our website may contain affiliate links/ Banner, By Clicking and by purchasing the commission can be earned by us (at no extra cost to you) if you purchase anything through the links provided on this website.